Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Casserole Crazy

I'm thinking about entering this. I've never invented my own casserole, and in fact the only original recipe I've ever concocted is the one that found its way into Kara's indie rock cookbook. But I certainly enjoy eating casseroles having grown up in casserole country (aka The Midwest). I am a little intimidated by the rules that say you will be BLACKLISTED if you register and then don't show. I think I will spend next week trying out some ideas and see where it gets me before the Oct. 10th registration deadline. Wish me luck, and please leave me some recipe ideas in the comments!

Oh! And did I mention, Ted Allen is one of the judges? He's like the cool gay uncle I never had.

2 comments:

Tobias said...

I'm glad to see someone I know may be doing this...

Anonymous said...

There are only eight spots left! Also, Ted Allen had to cancel due to a Top Chef commitment, but we have Adam Roberts (the Amateur Gourmet), Ruth Graham (Domino) and one more judge TBD. Also, the blacklisting prevents no-shows. It wouldn't be fair to turn people away if the registration is full (there are only 30 spots) then have people not show. But I hope you'll join us for the party.