Thursday, April 12, 2007

Interfaith Treat Exchange

With Easter and Passover last week came the arrival of seasonal treats of the egg, ham, chocolate and matzoh varieties. Last year my mom passed along a simple recipe for Chocolate Matzoh Clusters that she clipped from a magazine. It was a big hit at the Seder I attended, winning big points for the Midwesty gentile over here. So delicious were these clusters, I decided to whip up a batch again this year to share with my Jewish and chocolate loving friends alike. Try for yourself:

CHOCOLATE MATZOH CLUSTERS:
Combine 3 sheets crumbled matzoh with 3 cups melted semisweet chocolate, and 1 cup each dried cherries, slivered almonds, and coconut. Drop by teaspoonsful onto baking sheets lined with waxed paper; refrigerate until firm.

Of course, one of the best parts of sharing seasonal treats with my friends is when you get a little somethin' in exchange. And this year, in a very adorable trade between Jew and gentile, my meat loving, Jewish friend Scott traded me some country ham for a baggie of matzoh clusters.



He had a lot of leftover ham after doing some magic with a whole pig our friends got from their brother as a gift. Who sends someone a whole pig as a gift? And furthermore, who cooks a pig in Dr. Pepper? I have a lot to learn.

No comments: