Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Paula Deen Pantsed

Lovable granny chef Paula Deen lost her pants at the South Beach Wine & Food Festival. Oh my!



Speaking of Paula Deen, last night I was treated to a delicious dinner of baked french toast and eggs in spicy tomato sauce. Nothing quite like breakfast for dinner! The baked french toast was a Paul Deen recipe, minus an entire stick of buttah. The eggs recipe was from Everyday Food, with these edits by the chef:

I used mexican cotija cheese (instead of feta) and sprinkled chopped cilantro on the whole thing at the end. Another tip: I recommend carefully squeezing up the whole tomatoes in your hand then adding them into the sauce -- messy, but easier than breaking them up with a spatula. Also I used one can of crushed tomatoes and one can of whole peeled tomatoes.
This fantastic meal, which also included a bread salad, a basil and tomato salad AND sausage and grits, was only a precursor to a tasty and recession-friendly Soup Swap... which I will tell you all about soon. Still slurping soups...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Oh mah gawd yaw, nevah evah post thayut vidayo." Dear lord. Gah. I'll have nightmares. How could you?